Join the APMA
The APMA is Canada’s national association representing OEM producers of parts, equipment, tools, supplies, advanced technology and services for the worldwide automotive industry. In 2018, automotive parts shipments were over $35 Billion and the industry employment level was over 100,000 people. The APMA was founded in 1952 and its members account for 90% of independent parts production in Canada.
- Direct opportunities to engage with governments, industry leaders and stakeholders
- Preferential access and rates to APMA events, webinars and publications, as well as partner events
- Exclusive partnership and sponsorships opportunities
- Introductions and access to OEMs, Tier I/II/IIIs and government
- Opportunities to participate in leading programs that support workforce development, innovation and digital transformation
- Membership includes all subsidiaries and employees within the company
- Guidance and support through challenges and opportunities from the APMA senior team
This membership category is for companies that manufacture or provide services in the Canadian automotive industry. Products and services can include vehicles, parts, modules, systems, components, materials, tools, equipment, supplies, technology.
Membership fees are based on the total dollar volume of sales (from Canadian operations) in the automotive industry in a calendar year.
For more information on APMA Membership, please email:
- The Annual Membership Fee must accompany all applications for membership
- Applicants for membership to APMA must be approved by the respective association’s Board of Directors
- APMA’s Board of Directors reserve the right to deny application acceptance to APMA
- The first year of membership is valid for 12 months regardless of when you join. The second year will be prorated to cover any remaining months of the year. The third and all subsequent years of membership will run from January to December.
AdvocacyThe APMA has a long history of success advocating for the Canadian Automotive Parts Manufacturing sector. We’ve actively contributed to discussions on, NAFTA, TPP/CPTPP, Ontario Bill 148, and others. For a comprehensive list and explanation of our activates,
1. AdvocacyThe APMA has a long history of success advocating for the Canadian Automotive Parts Manufacturing sector. We’ve actively contributed to discussions on, NAFTA, TPP/CPTPP, Ontario Bill 148, and others. For a comprehensive list and explanation of our activates, click here.
2. Industry IntelligenceGiven the number of advocacy files we’ve worked on, our president and C-Suite have accrued a vast wealth of knowledge and insights. From Trade to Connected Vehicles, Industry 4.0 to AI, our team members are often asked to share their insights with organizations and events around the world. As an APMA member, you’re entitled to access these insights at any time. We’re happy to meet with our member companies and work with them to help devise long-term strategies for success in an Industry 4.0 world.
3. NetworkingProfessional Networking is a critical element of successful business development. APMA and APMA-Partnered events are always well attended by industry professionals and decision makers looking to connect with and learn about industry disruptors and new technology. Our events are often used by federal and provincial politicians as platforms to launch new legislation or just connect with the industry as a whole. Click here to see our complete events calendar. A summary of important membership highlights include:
- Membership with APMA is corporate and includes all subsidiaries and employees within the company.
- Preferential registration rates for all APMA events, seminars, and publications, as well as some 3rd party events
- Numerous promotional opportunities at events and in publications
- Direct opportunities to engage in dialogue with governments, industry and related stakeholders.
- Increased credibility when dealing with OEMs, Tier I / II / III’s and government.
- Guidance and input from the APMA regarding member application submissions for government funding programs.
Click here to see or download an overview outlining key benefits of APMA membership.
For inquiries about the APMA and/or membership, please contact:
Senior Manager, EDI Fund