A proposed Free Trade Agreement between 12 Pacific bordering countries. APMA has defended Canada’s position in negotiations relating to rules of origin reductions. (ongoing consultations)
Annual Activity Report
Annual Activity Report Key Initiatives
Direct and Intensive lobbying of governments with real impact:
Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP)
Ontario Retirement Pension Plan (ORPP)
The Province of Ontario is introducing legislation for Ontario employers to provide a mandatory ORPP for companies not currently providing a pension plan to employees. APMA has been working with the government to exempt companies already providing a pension plan (defined benefit, defined contribution, etc.) (Government of Ontario has since stopped this as a result of revisions to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP)).
Ontario’s Cap and Trade Program and Climate Change Agenda
The Province of Ontario enacted into law its Cap and Trade Program aimed at limiting greenhouse gas pollution, reward innovative companies, generate opportunities for investment in Ontario and create jobs while moving to a low-carbon economy. (APMA advocated on behalf of the interests of our sector companies to ensure their concerns were heard and that exemptions were implemented).
Automotive Supplier Innovation Program (ASIP)
A $100 million over five years program, starting in 2015–2016, to help Canadian automotive suppliers gain a competitive edge through new innovative products and processes. The program will help research and development projects to become commercially viable by supporting product development and technology demonstration on a cost-shared basis with participating firms. (APMA advocated for this program and is part of the decision making process).
Networking and Education
- Member interaction, knowledge and sharing through APMA Committees such as SME, APMA-E, HR Development and other Ad-Hoc committees, as required.
- Marketing opportunities through trade missions, North America and International Supplier Days, lead generation, promotions and networking. To see APMA’s International Business Strategy, Click Here.
- Industry market intelligence for members through Industry Tracker and the Market Intelligence Program.
- Distribution of information on changing government policies and laws affecting the industry and providing industry updates.
- Educational events (seminars, workshops, conferences) with discounted member pricing.
- Member Group Benefits Programs for logistics services, health, dental, home and auto insurance.